Dojo 3 Competition Team is our travelling tournament competition squad. We are joined in this endeavor with our friends at Valley Karate & Jiu-Jitsu (Sensei Steven Smith) and the team from Goju-Ryu of Selah (Sensei Andy Franz), hence Dojo 3!
The goal of our tournament team is to bring students together at a higher level of competition and provide students an opportunity to compete at a national level. Membership on the tournament team is not limited to age or rank (the tournaments we will be competing in offer divisions for all), however, it is important that our team members are committed to attend the required tournaments and participate in other team-related activities.
Team Requirements & Expectations:
- Must attend 4 mandatory tournaments per year – and one optional event.
- Will be expected to have 2 uniforms for competitions. One for regular tournaments and one with the AAU patch (you can have two tops and one pant.)
- You will have to be a current AAU member.
- You will have to purchase a team uniform (warm-ups). We will go to tournaments as a team and dress the same. Parents will be encouraged to do the same (but not mandatory).
- Parents must chaperon at least one event/year. Our goal is to carpool to tournaments when possible, therefore some of the competitors parents will not have to attend all events.
- Team members and parents will be asked to assist with fund raising. Fund raising participation will not be required, however to share in the funds it will be!
- All team members, parents, as well as non-team members, will have positive attitudes at tournaments, will not argue or question judges. This is about the development of students and character building.
- February 20th, 2016, Walla Walla, WA
- February 27th, 2016, The Flame, Spokane, WA*
- March 26th, 2016 (Tentative) – AAU National Qualifier – Seattle, WA
- April 23rd, 2016 – Quest of Champions V – Yakima, WA
- April 30th, 2016 – 31st Annual Montana Classic – Missoula, MT*
- May 7th, 2016 – Inland Empire Open – AAU National Qualifier – Lewiston, ID
- June 11th, 2016 – Shiai of Champions IV – Orofino, ID
- July 5th-9th, 2016 – National AAU Championship – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- August 13th, 2016 – Battle on the Columbia – Richland, WA
- October 8th, 2016 – Quest of Champions VI – Lewiston, ID
*We will likely be attending these tournament also.